Saturday, June 2, 2012

Baby Shower for Jude

Oh the joy of becoming an aunt for the very first time!!! I can't wait until the end of July when my sister, Jessie, finally has her baby boy! I took on the thrill of planning the shower (of course) and I think it went well. This was my very first attempt at making an invitation and it's also what made me fall in love with the process.

I drew the owls based on an owl I found online somewhere. I wanted to do a turquoise background so I used a glue runner to adhere the khaki card stock to the turquoise.


Front


Back


Kraft policy envelopes. I wrapped the address label around the side for some cute character.


Something I learned the hard way: These were 2 stamps/ea. I didn't know this until I got a few back "postage due" after sending them off...UGH. When I took them to the post office to find out what the dealio was she told me they couldn't put them in the reader with the address label wrapped and the twine closure.

And here are some pics from the party!


The cakes


The "it's a boy" banner I made that morning...procrastinator...and the food table.


The baby mama and me


Me, Jessie, my mom, and Brandye


Little Shane :)


Brandye and the boys




hope your weekend is fantastic :)

jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment